Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 7 EOC (Career Goals)

I'm always going to have career goals. I intentionally keep that a habit so that I stay on my toes and slim down the odds of losing out on a professional opportunity. There are some recent goals that I've achieved that I'd like to talk about. I was recently hired by a media group to engineer all audio work for an artist that they have been focusing on. I am required to use my audio production techniques, in order to fulfill these duties and by doing so, I set a good impression within the company. I was able to run a smooth recording session with the artist and by doing that, I was called in for another job with them. I also acoustically treated a small studio for an individual who needed to create a room for his mixing. We had a light conversation when we met, and the topic came up. I let the gentlemen know that I studied psycho-acoustics during my education as an audio production major and was able to receive a paid job opportunity by him to acoustically treat this room. I showed up to the appointment, made all my measurements, applied the mathematical equations needed to acoustically treat the room to his specified liking and within a matter of a week the job was done. He was impressed and told me that he will be giving me a call in the near future. Now I'm working on multiple projects from just these two clients, recording, mixing, and mastering projects. My point is, my career goal is to succeed in strengthening my reputation as a dependable, consistent, multimedia professional in the audio industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment